Friday, February 12, 2021

2016 BUFFIES


 

The other day I inaugurated the Buffy awards for best war movies of the year.  Since I wish I had thought of this years ago, I have decided to go back in time to fill in the last five years.  Here are my choices for 2016.  It was a good year for quantity, but produced no great movies.

Best Cinematography – 13 Hours

Best Effects -   Panfilov’s 28 Men

Best Combat -   13 Hours

Best Adaptation of a Novel -  Alone in Berlin  (“Every Man Dies Alone” by Hans Fallada)

Best Adaptation of a Nonfiction Book -  13 Hours  (Mitchell Zuckoff book;  screenplay by Chuck Hogan)

Best Original Screenplay -  Anthropoid  (Sean Elllis and Anthony Frewin)

Best Supporting Actor -  Billy Ray Thornton  (Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot)

Best Supporting Actress - Emma Thompson  (Alone in Berlin)

Best Actress – Tina Fey  (Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot)

Best Actor –  Andrew Garfield  (Hacksaw Ridge)

Most Accurate Movie -   Anthropoid  

Best Movie -  13 Hours

 

3 comments:

  1. The way you explain is fantabulous. This is so informative. I am sure every one will love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With '13 hours' Michael Bay proved that he CAN make a good movie when he wants to.

    ReplyDelete

Please fell free to comment. I would love to hear what you think and will respond.