Tuesday, February 9, 2021

THE 2020 BUFFIES

 


I wish I had gotten this idea long ago, but better late than never.  I got the idea from Robbie Fleming, who does his own awards for all the movies he sees.  My awards are specific to war movies.  The “Buffies” will be my awards for the best war movies over the past year.  2020 was a good year for war movies.  There was not a lot of quantity, but the quality was good.  I did not see every war movie last year, but I feel I saw all the award-worthy movies.  These included “Da 5 Bloods”, “The Outpost”, “Greyhound”, “The Last Full Measure”, and “Resistance”.  Here are my awards:

 

Best Cinematography  -  Greyhound  (Shelly Johnson)

Best Special Effects -  Greyhound 

Best Combat -  The Outpost

Best Adaptation of a Novel -  Greyhound  (“The Good Shepherd” by C.S. Forester;  screenplay by Tom Hanks)

Best Adaptation of a Nonfiction Book  -  The Outpost  (book by Jake Tapper -  screenplay by Eric Johnson and Paul Tamasy)

Best Original Screenplay  -  Da 5 Bloods  (Danny Bilson, Paul De Meo, Kevin Willmott, and Spike Lee)

Best Supporting Actor  -  Caleb Landry Jones (Ty Carter in The Outpost)

Best Supporting Actress -  Diane Ladd  (The Last Full Measure)

Best Actress -  Megan Fox  (Rogue)

Best Actor  -  Tom Hanks  (Greyhound)

Most Accurate -  The Outpost

Best Movie  -  Greyhound

3 comments:

  1. The way you explain is fantabulous. This is so informative. I am sure every one will love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'The Outpost' is a fantastic war movie and is reminiscent of 'Black Hawk Down.' While watching it I thought that the actor portraying the Sargent needs to become a major star, without realizing it was Clint Eastwood's son.

    ReplyDelete

Please fell free to comment. I would love to hear what you think and will respond.