Friday, May 12, 2023

THE 2021 BUFFIES


 

 A few years ago, I started my awards for the best war movies and performances in them.  I call the awards The Buffies because they are aimed at war movie lovers, like me.  I'm a little late on the 2021 awards because I was waiting to see all the contenders.  As you can see, 2021 was not a great year for war movies.  Click the links to see past winners and click on the list of eligible movies to read my reviews.

2016

2017 

2018 

2019

2020 

                                                                  2021

Best Cinematography -  One Shot

Best Effects -  Outside the Wire

Best Combat -  One Shot

Best Adaptation of a Nonfiction Book -  The Mauritanian (Guantanamo Diary)

Best Original Screenplay -   Image of Victory  (Avi Nesher)

Best Supporting Actor -  Benedict Cumberbatch (The Mauritanian)

Best Supporting Actress -  Emily Beecham (Outside the Wire)

Best Actress -   Joy Reiger (Image of Victory)

Best Actor –  Tahar Rahim  (The Mauritanian)

Most Accurate Movie -  The Auschwitz Report  

Best Movie – The Mauritanian

MOVIES REVIEWED 

Shadow in the Cloud

Firebird

Image of Victory

The War Below

The Mauritanian

The Auschwitz Report

The Forgotten Battle

Outside the Wire

One Shot

Munich: The Edge of War

American Traitor: The Trial of Axis Sally

Journey to Royal

Red Ghost: Nazi Hunter

Foxhole

Escape from Mogadishu  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please fell free to comment. I would love to hear what you think and will respond.